…former acting Top Cop reportedly seeking legal advice for non-confirmationBy Michael YoungePolice Commissioner Leslie James on Tuesday maintained that Assistant Police Commissioner David Ramnarine has proceeded on annual leave as he debunked reports that the senior law enforcement officer has signalled his intention to resign from the Guyana Police Force following his non-appointment as a Deputy Police Commissioner and non-confirmation in the Top Cop post. Ramnarine had been acting as the country’s Top Cop following the retirement of Police Commissioner Seelall Persaud. Before that, he filled in as acting Top Cop whenever Persaud proceeded on leave or was on official duties overseas.He even acted ahead of Persaud’s retirement when the Top Cop was sent on accumulated leave following the establishment of a Commission of Inquiry into allegations which surfaced in the media in relation to an alleged plot to assassinate the sitting President of Guyana David Granger.Asked how long Ramnarine was expected to be away from work, James said while he cannot disclose the exact time-frame, he knows that the Assistant Police Commissioner was likely to be away for close to three months.“I can confirm that he had close to three months annual leave and I am aware that he has proceeded on that leave,” James said during a brief exchange with Guyana Times on Tuesday.Pressed further as to what role Ramnarine was expected to play in the new leadership structure of the Police Force, given that he was not included in the recently released reshuffled command structure/chart, James said his role will be determined upon his resumption of duty. “It is normal for that structure to be updated,” the Commissioner explained, while stating that arrangements for someone to fill in various posts ahead of another person proceeding on annualised leave has always been the norm even before the person officially proceeds off-duty. He insisted that the public and media would be kept abreast of any new development with respect to the Force’s hierarchy.When Ramnarine was recently contacted by this newspaper, he asked that his privacy be respected, and he be allowed to enjoy the “sanctity of his leave” as he expressed the view that he had given a lot of years of service to the Force and wished to be allowed to be in peace.Legal actionBut sources close to Ramnarine, who also spoke with Guyana Times, confirmed that he was deeply troubled by the manner in which he was overlooked for appointment as a Deputy Police Commissioner or the substantive Police Commissioner.“While I cannot speak for Mr Ramnarine, he could have a legal case because he had a legitimate expectation and was, at some point and time seen as competent enough to take charge of the Force upon Mr Seelall’s departure,” the source said.The source went on to explain that the current Government also demonstrated “confidence” in him as he was appointed by President Granger to act in the post for several months continuously.“I cannot confirm that he will embark on that course of actions (suing) but I would not be surprised if he did,” the source remarked before declining to offer any more insight into the matter.Additionally, speculation was rife on Tuesday afternoon when Ramnarine was spotted by roving reporters and media personnel entering the office of a prominent Attorney in Georgetown.That Attorney declined to offer any comments on the matter when asked for a comment on record by this newspaper but pointed Guyana Times in Ramnarine’s direction for any clarity it wished to obtain on matters related to the lawman’s personal and professional life as well as decisions.Ramnarine went on leave after media reports pointed to the fact that he (Ramnarine) had not been shortlisted for the Top Cop position, even though he was next in line to take the charge.Ever since then, Ramnarine has been staying clear of the media and has avoided answering any questions in relation to the decision taken to side-track him for the Top Cop post.President Granger had insisted that he followed the Constitution and the advice of the Police Service Commission when he appointed Leslie James to the post of Police Commissioner. He said he relied heavily on the advice of the Chairman, Paul Slowe, before any decision was taken and he insisted that James was the best choice. Before making his pick and ahead of meeting Opposition Leader Bharrat Jagdeo, Granger had outlined that the candidate he would select must be someone who is “unbribable”.Slowe, last week, was quoted in another section of the media as saying that Ramnarine was not chosen because of the details contained in his personal and service file, which had some worrying trends about his performance within the Guyana Police Force.He insisted that he had recused himself from the process somewhat at the level of the PSC because he was head of a Commission of Inquiry which had criticised Ramnarine and others for their handling of an alleged plot to assassinate President David Granger.
Share Facebook Twitter Google + LinkedIn Pinterest Portions of the northwest and southeast corners of the State received just over an inch of rain while the rest of the State saw less than normal amounts of rainfall, according to Cheryl Turner, State Statistician, USDA NASS, Ohio Field Office. There were 6.3 days suitable for fieldwork during the week ending September 29. Temperatures averaging about 8 degrees above normal coupled with dry conditions helped to mature corn and soybeans, although they were still well behind the 5- year average development. The percent of corn and soybeans rated in good to excellent condition increased 1 percentage point over last week but remained 30 percentage points below the 5-year average for soybeans and 29 percentage points below the 5-year average for corn. Winter wheat planting progress leapt ahead of last year and the 5-year average as planters rolled quickly through dry fields. Pasture conditions decreased slightly as growth was stunted, down 2 percentage points from last week and 21 percentage below the 5-year average. Hay harvest kept moving as the third cutting of Alfalfa was almost finished and fourth cutting moved ahead of last year’s progress. You can read the full report here.
Advertisement Advertisement Twitter There was even a little bit of Fortnite…As far as music videos went, Cardi B and Drake made multiple appearances on Canada’s list of Top 10, alongside Ariana Grande, Dua Lipa, and Post Malone.So without further ado, here are Canada’s top YouTube videos of 2018:Canada’s Top Trending Videos1. To Our Daughter2. we broke up3. Do You Hear “Yanny” or “Laurel”? (SOLVED with SCIENCE)4. Paul McCartney Carpool Karaoke5. Walmart yodeling kid6. Deadpool, meet Cable7. The Royal Wedding 2018: Prince Harry and Miss Meghan Markle8. Falcon Heavy Test Flight9. FORTNIGHT DANCE CHALLENGE! – (In Real Life)10. 2018 US Open Highlights: Serena Williams’ dispute overshadows Naomi Osaka’s final win | ESPNCanada’s Top Music Video:1. Maroon 5 – Girls Like You ft. Cardi B2. Drake – God’s Plan3. Childish Gambino – This Is America (Official Video)4. Bruno Mars – Finesse (Remix) [Feat. Cardi B] [Official Video5. Ariana Grande – no tears left to cry6. Post Malone – Psycho ft. Ty Dolla $ign7. Cardi B, Bad Bunny & J Balvin – I Like It [Official Music Video]8. Drake – Nice For What9. Lil Dicky – Freaky Friday feat. Chris Brown (Official Music Video)10. Dua Lipa – IDGAF (Official Music Video)By Vincent Plana | Daily Hive Advertisement LEAVE A REPLY Cancel replyLog in to leave a comment Login/Register With: Facebook With 2018 coming to a close, it’s time to celebrate and reflect on the major events that made the year special.In annual fashion, YouTube has once again revealed the top videos of the year.Canada’s top trending videos featured Paul McCartney, the Royal Wedding, Vancouver’s very own Ryan Reynolds as Deadpool, and who could forget “Yanny or Laurel?”
The Ohio State Buckeyes walk onto the field before the game against Nebraska on Nov. 3. Ohio State won 36-31. Credit: Amal Saeed | Assistant Photo EditorComing off of a 36-31 win over Nebraska on Saturday, Ohio State remained at No. 10 in the latest College Football Playoff rankings released Tuesday. The Buckeyes are the lowest one-loss Power 5 team in the Top 25.The Buckeyes were ranked as the No. 10 team in the country last week when the playoff rankings were first released.Ohio State is one of five Big Ten teams represented in the playoff rankings along with No. 4 Michigan, No. 18 Michigan State, No. 20 Penn State and No. 21 Iowa.On Sunday, Ohio State was ranked as the No. 8 team in the country in the Associated Press Top 25 poll, staying in the same spot as the previous week. The Buckeyes were also ranked No. 7 in the USA Today Amway Coaches Poll, moving up one spot after their five-point win over the Cornhuskers.Ohio State will face No. 18 Michigan State in East Lansing at noon on Saturday.1.) Alabama 2.) Clemson 3.) Notre Dame 4.) Michigan 5.) Georgia 6.) Oklahoma 7.) LSU8.) Washington State 9.) West Virginia 10.) Ohio State 11.) Kentucky12.) UCF13.) Syracuse 14.) NC State 15.) Florida 16.) Mississippi State 17.) Boston College 18.) Michigan State 19.) Texas 20.) Penn State 21.) Iowa 22.) Iowa State 23.) Fresno State 24.) Auburn25.) Washington
Pablo Zabaleta thinks Hammers fans will see “attractive” and winning football under new manager Manuel Pellegrini.The full-back, who had played under Pellegrini in Argentina and then at Manchester City, also said that the Chilean is “a quiet person” but “strong in his belief about how football should be played”.“Manuel did well when we were at San Lorenzo,” said the Argentine defender via Standard Uk.“He had success there, he built a good team, won the Primera Division title and set some records.“After he left San Lorenzo he went to River Plate and won another Primera Division title. He was always keen on youth development, bringing through good young players who went on to do very well.Report: Rice is committed to West Ham not a United move George Patchias – September 4, 2019 Declan Rice is committed to his West Ham contract and not a move to Manchester United.In an interview reported by football.london, Rice opens up…“He went to Spain with Villarreal and did a great job, taking them to the Champions League semi-finals. I played against his teams many times when I was with Espanyol and they were always very tough opponents.“He also did well at Real Madrid and Malaga, then he came to City, where we worked together for three seasons and won the Premier League title.“He’s a quiet person but he is also very determined and very strong in his belief about how football should be played.“He likes to play good, attractive football and he plays to win, which the fans of all the clubs he has managed have always enjoyed. He has always been a good manager and I am sure he will show that again with West Ham.”
Southampton striker Danny Ings has revealed he has a goal scoring bet with Liverpool forward Mohamed Salah.The striker who is currently on loan from Liverpool jokingly placed a bet with the Egyptian star insisting he would score more goals in the Premier League this season.If Salah loses the bet, he must stump up to send Ings on a trip to see the pyramids in his homeland but if the Ings loses he will have to buy last season’s top scorer coffee.Ings currently has three goals in the league compared to Salah’s two but will watch from the stands this weekend when Southampton travel to Anfield to face Liverpool.Danny Ings is backed up by Kevin Keegan Manuel R. Medina – June 3, 2019 The Southampton and England icon believes the Saints footballer will do very well next season in the Premier League.“Mo helped me a lot when I was at Liverpool and we exchanged a few messages.” Ings said, according to FoxSports.“He said, ‘Let’s see who scores the most’ and I laughed it off, given how good he is.”“Mo is one of the best players in the world. He is so worshipped in Egypt so I said if I win the bet he has to give me access to half of Egypt on holiday but if he wins, I need to buy him a Costa coffee!”The former Burnley striker will compete a permanent move to Southampton next summer for a fee in the region of £16million after Liverpool included an obligatory clause for the saints to sign the player after the loan is complete.
Eight supporters of Sevilla Football Club have been taken to a hospital in Spain after a barrier collapsed during Sevilla’s win at Eibar’s Ipurua Stadium.The barrier collapsed when supporters of Sevilla were celebrating a goal during their team’s 3-1 away in the Spanish La Liga on Saturday night.“In the end, and pending confirmation from the emergency services, eight Sevilla supporters have been taken to Mendaro hospital. None of the injuries are serious,” said Eibar in a statement on their official Twitter account.Los aficionados del @SevillaFC trasladados al hospital han sido ya dados de alta, con una posible fisura de escafoides de uno de los heridos y traumatismos en el resto de casos. Les deseamos a todos una rápida recuperación #EibarSevilla— SD Eibar (@SDEibar) September 29, 2018The barrier collapsed as dozens of the travelling away supporters behind the goal spilt to the pitch after Argentine midfielder Ever Banega converted a 58th-minute penalty to put Sevilla 2-0 up.The match was put on hold for eight minutes while stewards and emergency services attended to supporters in distress.Quiz: How much do you know about David Villa? Boro Tanchev – September 14, 2019 Time to test your knowledge about Spanish legendary forward David Villa.In a message posted on their official Twitter account, Sevilla dedicated the win to the fans affected.🏥 Diez sevillistas heridos, ninguno de ellos de gravedad, fueron trasladados al Hospital de Mendaro.La expedición nervionense se interesó por su estado en el propio hospital antes de volver a Sevilla.Toda la información ➡️ https://t.co/xEoiWDctrr#vamosmisevilla pic.twitter.com/kIizsymkjv— Sevilla Fútbol Club (@SevillaFC) September 29, 2018“Three goals and three more points in Ipurua. The victory is dedicated to our supporters who suffered today in the accident in the stand. We hope they recover soon,” said the club.Sevilla next travel to Russia where they will face FC Krasnodar in their second group game of this season’s UEFA Europa League campaign.
Monday 11/26Audio PlayerJennifer-Monday-1126.mp3VmJennifer-Monday-1126.mp300:00RPdBorough Mayor’s Office Attends FERC Meeting In D.C., Soldotna City Council To Tour Proposed Site For New Visitor Center, 2018 Toys For Tots Is Underway On The Kenai Facebook0TwitterEmailPrintFriendly分享The KSRM News Department compiled some of the top stories from this past week. Tuesday 11/27Audio PlayerJennifer-Tuesday-1127.mp3VmJennifer-Tuesday-1127.mp300:00RPdQuick Appointed Commissioner of the Department of Administration, Borough Approves Lease Of Anchor Point Parcels To Hilcorp, Redoubt Elementary Students Donate 1,300 Pounds Of Food To Local Food Bank Wednesday 11/28Audio PlayerJennifer-wednesday-1128.mp3VmJennifer-wednesday-1128.mp300:00RPdDon’t Miss The Klimpke Christmas Lights In Nikiski, Local Law Enforcement Warn Of Increase In Thefts Over Holiday Season, Kenaitze Among Alaska Native Tribes Suing Drug Companies Thursday 11/29Audio PlayerJennifer-Thursday-1129.mp3VmJennifer-Thursday-1129.mp300:00RPdBorough Mayor Names New Chief Of Staff, Credit Union 1 Now Offering Financial Services To Marijuana Businesses, Soldotna Advances To Next Round For Levitt AMP GrantFriday 11/30Audio PlayerJennifer-Friday-1130.mp3VmJennifer-Friday-1130.mp300:00RPdBack-To-Back Earthquakes Shake South Central Alaska, Kenai Spur Highway Near South Miller Damaged In Earthquake