Mar 1, 2006 (CIDRAP News) – Global and US health authorities have recommended two new influenza virus strains for use in the flu vaccine for the 2006-07 season.Last week the US Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP) selected a “Wisconsin” strain of influenza A(H3N2) and a “Malaysia” strain of influenza B for next season. They will replace a “California” strain of H3N2 and a “Shanghai” strain of influenza B used in the current vaccine.The “New Caledonia” strain of influenza A(H1N1) virus used in this year’s vaccine should be used again next season as the third component of the trivalent vaccine, the ACIP said. (The strain’s full name is A/New Caledonia/20/99[H1N1].)The ACIP, which advises the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), followed recommendations from the World Health Organization (WHO) and the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) in picking the strains. The CDC routinely follows the ACIP recommendations on flu vaccines.Each February the WHO assesses the flu virus strains in circulation before picking the strains for the next Northern Hemisphere flu season. In a Feb 14 report on its recommendation concerning the H3N2 strain to be used, the WHO said, “Many recent isolates were antigenically similar to the current reference virus, A/California/7/2004, but an increasing proportion of recent viruses was more closely related to A/Wisconsin/67/2005.”Likewise, the WHO said the majority of recent influenza B isolates were similar to the strain B/Malaysia/2506/2004, rather than to the B/Shanghai/361/2002 strain used in this year’s vaccine. The Malaysia strain is antigenically equivalent to B/Ohio/1/2005, according to the CDC.A year ago, health authorities picked only one new strain for the 2005-06 flu vaccine, keeping the other two the same. According to a recent Reuters report, a spokesman for a leading vaccine manufacturer said changing two of the strains in next season’s vaccine may make production less predictable.”It does put more uncertainty into the total number of doses you’re producing at any one time,” Albert Thomas, director of vaccine manufacturing for Sanofi Pasteur, was quoted as saying. His company has been the biggest supplier for the US market in recent years.The strains to include in each season’s vaccine must be chosen early in the year because it takes roughly 6 months to produce the vaccine. The viruses used in vaccines are grown in chicken eggs.The WHO report said global flu activity from October 2005 through January 2006 was low compared with recent years. Several countries had outbreaks of H3N2 influenza, but H1N1 and B viruses caused only scattered cases in most countries, the agency said.See also:Feb 23 CDC news release on ACIP actions, including flu vaccine recommendationhttp://www.cdc.gov/media/pressrel/r060223.htmWHO report on recommendation for 2006-07 vaccinehttp://www.who.int/influenza/vaccines/2007northreport.pdfFeb 17, 2005, CIDRAP News story “FDA approves adding new strain to flu vaccine”
More on “Qatar. You can find the Qurated for You campaign HERE. Official website / visitqatar.qa Launched in fifteen priority markets worldwide, the campaign is localized in eight languages on a variety of platforms, including television, print, digital and out-of-home, and aims to reach 250 million people. The campaign aims to present many authentic experiences that the country offers to travelers and position Qatar among the five best tourist destinations globally. The first television commercial for the campaign featured a handful of Qatar’s iconic tourist attractions. The second campaign was launched in February on Qatar’s National Sports Day and includes one of the world’s leading football clubs, Paris Saint-Germain, with which the Qatar Tourism Council has a strategic partnership. According to Adam Byars, CEO of Grid, “Qatar is a fascinating country. In its efforts, it has succeeded in presenting the typical trends of the Middle Eastern country, and a number of initiatives have been implemented to increase the tourist infrastructure and provide tourist experiences at the world level. It has abolished visa requirements in as many as 80 countries and has therefore been declared the most accessible country in the Middle East by Forbes. In addition, the country has invested significant resources in infrastructure, including the construction of eight top stadiums in an effort to host the 2022 World Cup.” Prominent photographer Erik Almas was commissioned to photograph a number of attractions, including Souq Waqif, Doha’s oldest market, Khor Al Adaid, the inland sea, on the border between Qatar and Saudi Arabia, the National Museum of Qatar, Doha Corniche, a 7-kilometer waterfront. the horizon of Doha and the sculpture “East-West / West-East” by artist Richard Serra. Almas ‘photos are featured in the campaign’ s printed and offline advertising material. The goal of the Qatar Global Marketing Initiative, launched in late 2018, is to position the country as an attractive tourist destination offering a unique experience. The campaign is called “Qatar. Qurated for You ”is the idea of Grid Worldwide on behalf of the National Tourism Council of Qatar. Grid, Byars says, tried to understand what tourists were looking for from the trip. American travelers, for example, are looking for adventurous experiences, while British tourists are more interested in the catering and gastronomic offer. These insights were then implemented into key evidence points to create personalized campaigns by country. Visual Campaign / Youtube: Visit Qatar Although the campaign is still in its infancy, it has already interested Qataris. “We have become very invested in Qatar and very passionate about the country and this campaign”, Concludes Byars. From Grid they sought to communicate and convey the essence of the country itself. The agency has done this through a philosophy that embraces the past to inform the future with the “warmth of the soul” – a concept that encompasses the country’s history and heritage – along with the “spirit of vision”. Photo: Visit Qatar
Al Mubarak insists there is no rush to resolve the future of the former Barcelona and Bayern Munich manager, but he is not panicking about a potential exit.”This conversation with Pep is a natural conversation. Pep and I have a very clear understanding about what is right for the club and what is not,” Al Mubarak told City’s website on Tuesday.”We have a clear alignment in terms of where we see the future and what we want in terms of success for the club.”I think, again, it will be a comfortable conversation and it will work out in the best way for Pep, for me and for the club. I’m very comfortable about that.” Manchester City chairman Khaldoon Al Mubarak is “comfortable” about Pep Guardiola’s future as the Spanish boss enters the final year of his contract.Guardiola is yet to extend his current deal with the Premier League club and speculation about his future is sure to ramp up in coming months.There were claims that Guardiola might quit City if they did not win their appeal against a two-year European ban, but that legal battle was successful. Guardiola took charge at City on an initial three-year deal in 2016 and extended that by a further two seasons in 2018.The 49-year-old has won six major trophies with City, including two Premier League titles.Despite City finishing 18 points behind Premier League champions Liverpool last season and crashing out of the Champions League against Lyon, Guardiola still has Al Mubarak’s trust.”Everything will work out naturally and in the right way,” he said.”We have the right people involved. We have the right trust in each other and what’s best will happen.”Sergio Aguero, who missed the end of last season after knee surgery, is another significant figure entering the final year of his contract at City.Al Mubarak said the 32-year-old Argentina striker, who has scored a club record 254 goals for City, has earned the right to leave when he wishes.”To have a player like David essentially commit 10 years of his life to the club, to have a player like Sergio Aguero to do the same – this is what tells me we have it right,” he said.”They are part of the DNA of the club now and the decision of them continuing or stopping, it’s the comfort zone that they have to decide. It was the same way with Vincent [Kompany].”We will work it out together and it will be very natural, whenever it is, this year or the year after. It will play out in a comfortable way whatever Sergio decides.”Topics :
Maupay enraged Arsenal’s players when his barge on Leno resulted in an injury (Picture: Getty)Guendouzi did not let the issue lie and then clashed with Maupay when the striker scored Brighton’s late winner deep into injury time.AdvertisementAdvertisementADVERTISEMENTFirst there was a coming together off the ball, with Guendouzi putting out his arm and lightly catching Maupay, who made the most of the contact and went down in a heap.Then when the full-time whistle was blown, Guendouzi made a beeline for the former Brentford forward and grabbed him by the throat, sparking something of a melee as players from both sides argued with each other.More: Arsenal FCArsenal flop Denis Suarez delivers verdict on Thomas Partey and Lucas Torreira movesThomas Partey debut? Ian Wright picks his Arsenal starting XI vs Manchester CityArsene Wenger explains why Mikel Arteta is ‘lucky’ to be managing ArsenalGuendouzi was led away down the tunnel by assistant coach Steve Round and was widely expected to be given a three-game ban for his actions.However, the Football Association say the incident was seen and reviewed by the VAR at the time, with Michael Oliver in the hotseat at Stockley Park for the game, who felt no further action was required. The young French midfielder clashed repeatedly with his compatriot (Picture: Sky Sports)Arsenal midfielder Matteo Guendouzi will face no punishment despite grabbing Brighton’s Neal Maupay around the throat after Saturday’s heated clash at the Amex Stadium.The two Frenchmen tussled verbally and then physically during Brighton’s 2-1 victory, with Guendouzi angry over his compatriot’s involvement in the injury sustained by Bernd Leno in the first half.Maupay jumped into Leno as he claimed the ball, with the German landing awkwardly and having to be stretchered off with what appears to be a serious ACL injury. Referee Martin Atkinson missed the flash points between Maupay and Guendouzi (Picture: Getty)A statement from the FA confirmed: ‘Matteo Guendouzi’s conduct during this incident was not seen by the match officials at the time, but it was subsequently reviewed by the VAR, so he will face no further action.’It added: ‘Brighton and Arsenal have been warned and reminded of their responsibilities following a mass confrontation between their players at the end of the Premier League fixture on Saturday.’Arsenal boss Mikel Arteta is already light on options in midfield after Granit Xhaka sustained an injury against Manchester City and will have been fretting over Guendouzi’s availability, though the young Frenchman is free to play against Southampton on Thursday evening.Maupay had stoked the animosity further in his post-match interviewing, saying Arsenal’s players – and the talkative Guendouzi in particular – lacked ‘humility’.MORE: ‘We need to be showing that fight!’ – Arsenal legend Ian Wright defends Matteo Guendouzi over Neal Maupay clashMORE: Neal Maupay reveals what he told Matteo Guendouzi to anger the Arsenal midfielder after the Brighton defeatFollow Metro Sport across our social channels, on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.For more stories like this, check our sport page. Advertisement Advertisement Arsenal star Matteo Guendouzi escapes ban despite grabbing Neal Maupay’s neck Comment Metro Sport ReporterMonday 22 Jun 2020 2:18 pmShare this article via facebookShare this article via twitterShare this article via messengerShare this with Share this article via emailShare this article via flipboardCopy link1.9kShares
Julian Speroni is desperate to stay at Crystal Palace but admits the future is unclear. The Argentinian goalkeeper has become a fans’ favourite since arriving at Selhurst Park from Dundee in 2004. Speroni has made 343 appearances for the Eagles in that period and has been one of their key performers during their return to the Barclays Premier League. Press Association However, despite such fine displays and talk of a late World Cup call-up, the 34-year-old’s future remains unclear as his deal expires at the end of the season. The January arrival of Wayne Hennessey from Wolves also raised questions, but Speroni remains intent on staying at Selhurst Park. “That is my priority,” he told reporters. “At the moment I don’t know what’s going to happen. “As a professional footballer I need to understand different situations and I can’t say any more than that. “As a player you prefer to sort things a lot earlier but sometimes you have to adapt to how the circumstances go. “At the moment I just have to see what happens. I thank the fans for all their support and I know they want me to stay. “I want to stay – and I think the club wants me to stay as well. We need to sort things out. When? I’m not really sure. “There have been some talks but I don’t think it’s going to happen any time soon.”
Sunday, December 23, 2012â€¢1:27 a.m. Non-Injury, hit and run accident in the 100 block S. Ash, Wellington involved an unknown vehicle, parked and unoccupied vehicles owned by John H. Washington Jr, Garden Wellington and Jacqueline S. Vargas, Wellington.â€¢2:34 a.m. Officers took a report of a suicidal subject in the 1300 block N. Blaine, Wellington. Wellington police notes for Friday, December 21 to Sunday, December 23, 2012Friday, December 21, 2012:Â â€¢6:30 a.m. Linda L. Myers, 66, Wellington was issued a notice to appear charged with dogs at large.â€¢1:17 p.m. Officers investigated a theft and forgery in Harper. Known suspect.â€¢4:30 p.m. Jessica A. Anguiano, 30, Wellington was issued a notice to appear charged with dog at Large.â€¢8:04 p.m. Officers investigated a theft in the 200 block W. 7th, Wellington. Yard ornaments.â€¢9:41 p.m. Molly M. Stephens, 36, Wellington was issued a notice to appear charged with failure to stop at a traffic signal. Saturday, December 22, 2012â€¢7 a.m. Nick E. Campbell, 28, Wellington was arrested and charged with burglary, obstruction with law enforcement officers and criminal damage to property in the 600 block N. G, Wellington.â€¢10:59 a.m. Officers investigated a dog at large in the 1100 block Myles Dr, Wellington.â€¢11:15 a.m. Beverly K. Miller, 58, Wellington was issued a notice to appear charged with dog at Large.â€¢11:25 a.m. Officers investigated a theft in the 200 block E. Lincoln, Wellington.â€¢2:16 a.m. Officers investigated a theft in the 2000 block E. 16th, Wellington.â€¢5:35 a.m. Thomas R. Hershberger, 37, Derby, was issued a Notice to Appear charged with speeding 45 mph in a 35 mph zone. (Radar)â€¢11:30 p.m. Janna E. Shamblin, 49, Wellington was issued a Notice to Appear charge with defective tail light.â€¢7:29 p.m. Officers investigated harassment by telephone in the 500 block N. F, Wellington.â€¢11:29 p.m. Officers investigated possession of marijuana, possession of drug paraphernalia, illegal window tint and no proof of insurance in the 1500 block N. Washington, Wellington.â€¢11:50 p.m. Curtis M. Everhart, 30, Wellington was arrested, charged and confined with possession of marijuana, possession of drug paraphernalia, illegal window tint, and no proof of insurance.
James Harrison (AP Photo/File)Yes, you bring back James Harrison, or anybody else for that matter who can get to the quarterback. Everybody take a step back and swallow a little pride. Hell, I’d shake Deacon Jones up from the dead if I thought it would help us win.Bill NealOkay, here’s your winners. Kansas out of the South. Michigan State out of the East. Arizona out of the West and Duke out of the Midwest. Michigan State beats Kansas. Duke beats Arizona. Duke wins it all. Now give me my billion dollars . . . in all $5’s.The “Zen Master” has done the only thing he can do. He took his show on the road. Jeannie and the Lakers dumb axx’s didn’t want him. Now the Knicks will rise out of the ashes and put a stop to Kobe’s quest for the elusive sixth ring.A reminder for everyone near and far. The first big, I mean big, party of the year is coming your way Saturday, March 29 at the magnificent Rivers Casino on the North Shore in the Grand Ballroom. Join legends B.B. Flenory, Jennifer Bruce, Myron Brown, Chanel Smith and Master Jacquet Bazemore as we host the Pittsburgh Steeler Super Bowl legends, Mel Blount, J.T. Thomas, Dwayne Woodruff, Andy Russell, Robin Cole, Mike Wagner, Randy Grossman and Louis Lipps. Free parking, cash bar, free hors d’oeuvres, free photographs and autographs. $25 donation at the door. Call (412) 628-4856 for more information.YOU HAVE JUST CROSSED THE FINISH LINE