Warnock confident despite West Ham loss

first_imgDespite losing 3-1 at West Ham on Tuesday, Cardiff City manager Neil Warnock believes his team can win games away from home and pick up points.Warnock remains defiant as the loss leaves them just two points outside the relegation zone.Joe Ralls missed a penalty to put Cardiff City ahead in the first half as Lucas Perez netted a brace to help West Ham to a 3-1 victory at the London Stadium.“Tonight showed we can win away games from home,” Warnock told Sky Sports.I pulled Manuel Pellegrini in the technical area and said: ‘how can we be losing 3-0’ – it was a mad 12 minutes, then the penalty miss.“If that goes in then you could sense the crowd was beginning to think it wasn’t going their way.“I refuse to criticize Ralls – he’ll get some stick from the fans but it takes guts to take a penalty. I can’t even watch one. I wouldn’t criticize him.declan rice, england, West ham UnitedReport: England’s Rice gets death threats George Patchias – September 9, 2019 England International Declan Rice has received death threats.Rice a one time Ireland International, switched allegiances only this year. The West Ham United man played for…“How can you legislate for two lads going for the same ball, there’s not a lot we can do. We work on these things in training.“It’s frustrating to concede goals that we’ve done all season not just tonight – you think we don’t work on it, we probably shouldn’t bother. It might work better than that.“We’ve shown we can compete. Tonight we looked a decent side. After we weathered the storm in the first 10 minutes, we played some good stuff.“It would have been interesting to see the penalty go in. It’s another disappointment for me, but I’m going to get those at my age.”last_img read more

House Readiness Panel Dismisses BRAC Request

first_imgThe House Armed Services’ Readiness Subcommittee once again rejects the Obama administration’s request to hold a BRAC round in 2017, according to its portion of the fiscal 2016 defense authorization bill.The language in the draft bill stating that, “Nothing in this act shall be construed to authorize an additional Base Realignment and Closure round,” affirms the committee’s intent to reject DOD’s request to conduct a BRAC round in 2017, the panel states.  The panel marks up its section of the annual policy bill today. The draft bill also calls for the department to prepare force structure plans and an infrastructure assessment that could be used to determine the level of excess capacity. The language, however, does not directly link the analysis to a justification for a new BRAC round.Last year, the panel requested an analysis of excess infrastructure, but it tied the analysis to a determination of the need for a round of base closures. That provision ultimately was removed from the final version of the FY 2015 authorization bill.The infrastructure assessment included in this year’s policy measure is largely similar, however, and calls for DOD to submit:20-year force structure plans for each of the services;an inventory of worldwide installations;a description of the infrastructure necessary to support the force structure plans;a discussion of categories of excess infrastructure and infrastructure capacity, and the secretary’s objective for the reduction of such excess capacity; andan assessment of the value of retaining certain excess infrastructure to accommodate contingency, mobilization and surge requirements.And similar to language in the House Appropriations Committee’s report accompanying the FY 2016 military construction-veteran affairs spending bill, the readiness panel adds the following special considerations for determining the extent of excess capacity:the anticipated continuing need for and availability of installations outside the United States, taking into account current and  potential future restrictions on their use; andany efficiencies that may be gained from joint tenancy by more than one branch at an installation or by reorganizing two or more installations into a single facility.The readiness subcommittee’s portion of the authorization bill is available on the committee website. Dan Cohen AUTHORlast_img read more

Pueblo Chemical Depot LRA Issues RFPs for Range of Services Needed to

first_imgPuebloPlex, the local redevelopment authority for the Pueblo Chemical Depot, Colo., is soliciting proposals for a range of services needed to carry out its reuse plan following the recent approval of its grant application to DOD’s Office of Economic Adjustment (OEA).“We are eager to assemble a world-class consulting team to assist us in implementing our redevelopment plan. The successful redevelopment of PuebloPlex is extremely important for the economic future of southeastern Colorado,” said PuebloPlex CEO & President Russell DeSalvo, who oversees the redevelopment of Pueblo Chemical Depot.The RFP includes a master infrastructure plan and utilities privatization study, business and operations plan, and economic development conveyance application supporting the HUD-approved redevelopment plan. Additionally, PuebloPlex is seeking proposals for engineering, environmental, legal and surveying services.The PuebloPlex RFPs can be downloaded from the following website.Proposals are due by 5 p.m. MST on Aug. 31, and shall be submitted to the attorney of record for PuebloPlex; reference full RFP for delivery instructions. Questions can be directed to Chris Bolt, director of operations, at RFP@PuebloPlex.com or (719) 947-3770.This work is to be performed under a federal grant (Section 12.607) from OEA for community economic adjustment assistance for establishment, expansion, realignment, or closure of a military installation. The grant assists state or local governments to plan and carry out adjustment strategies; engage the private sector in order to plan and undertake community economic development and base redevelopment; and partner with the military departments in response to the proposed or actual expansion, establishment, realignment or closure of a military installation. Dan Cohen AUTHORlast_img read more

Watch SpaceXs droneship catch a rocket part that fell from space

first_img SpaceX The fairing is part of the protective cover at the top of the Falcon 9, which shields payloads as they’re lifted into orbit. Once the rocket punches out of the atmosphere and into space, the fairing breaks in half and falls back to Earth. A droneship, stationed in the Atlantic Ocean, then attempts to catch the fairing with a giant net. We’ve seen SpaceX capture a fairing on its most recent launch and before that we’ve seen it fail a few times. It seems practice makes perfect and it’s finally getting the hang of nabbing the nosecone like a ship-sized Mark Waugh stationed in the slips (that’s one for our Aussie readers).A New Zealand-based spaceflight company, Rocket Lab, announced on Tuesday it would also begin attempting to reuse rockets. It won’t be capturing any fairings, but it will try and snag the first stage booster from the sky with a helicopter. Post a comment Sci-Tech Tags 13 Photos Share your voice Number two.  SpaceX SpaceX launched its Falcon 9 two-stage rocket to orbit on Tuesday, offering a free ride for the AMOS-17 communications satellite. It was the third flight for the Falcon 9 booster and to get the satellite to orbit SpaceX had to do away with the booster — so we don’t get to see SpaceX pull off another dazzling booster return. However, we have got the next best thing: A droneship capturing the rocket’s fairing.Elon Musk, SpaceX CEO, posted a video of the daring fairing capture to Twitter on Tuesday.  0 Meet the SpaceX Falcon Heavy, the world’s most powerful rocket Rocket fairing falling from space (higher res) pic.twitter.com/sa1j10qAWi— Elon Musk (@elonmusk) August 7, 2019last_img read more

Church leaders pray for Ethiopian Airlines crash victims as they grieve for

first_imgFredrick Nzwili Share This! Share This! Share This! Instagram apostasy stirs controversy over Christian ‘influencers’ August 30, 2019 March 14, 2019 at 8:18 am Zora says: Fredrick Nzwili,1 Comment Click here to post a comment Some Rohingya refugees prefer death in Bangladesh over repatriation to Myanmar Columns • Opinion • Simran Jeet Singh: Articles of Faith Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn ReddIt Email,NAIROBI, Kenya (RNS) – Amid shock and grief after the Ethiopian Airline crash, leaders from the world’s faith traditions gathered in Nairobi for a United Nations event, united in prayer on Monday (March 11) for the 157 victims of the air disaster, among them a Roman Catholic nun and a Catholic and a Lutheran priest.Some 5,000 delegates to the U.N. Environment Assembly, meeting at the U.N.’s Nairobi campus this week, held a moment of silence for 22 of their number who died on their way to the assembly.“I stand before you this morning with a very heavy heart, as we mourn the loss of our sisters and brothers, our colleagues, delegates and members of the United Nations family in the tragic Ethiopian Airlines plane crash,” Maimunah Mohd Sharif, acting director of the U.N. Office in Nairobi, told the gathering.“In the wake of this tragedy, it has been difficult to navigate how to proceed without showing respect to the many lives lost yesterday. I want to assure … that as the day and week unfolds … we will not forget this tragedy, nor those that perished with it.”In a tent set aside for clergy on the sidelines of the U.N. meeting, leaders from Christian, Muslim, Hindu, Baha’i and Judaism took turns to offer the prayers. The leaders are hosting a side event at the assembly dubbed “Faith for Earth.”“We have gathered here to pray for those who have lost their lives in an untimely manner. May God comfort and give strength to their families. We are sad, but there is nothing we can do now,” said Nigeria’s Imam Shefiu Abdulkareem Majemu, president of the Strength in Diversity Development Center.Nigerian Imam Shefiu Abdulkareem Majemu, left, prays for victims of the Ethiopian air disaster with other religious leaders during a United Nations event in Nairobi, Kenya, on March 11, 2019. RNS photo by Fredrick Nzwili“We remember all the nations that have lost their citizens in the tragedy,” said Anglican Bishop Julius Wanyoike of Thika Diocese in Kenya. “At this time we pray for blessing. May grace be sufficient.”“Help us to understand why a ship could crash into the earth with people from different nationalities,” said Israeli Rabbi Yonatan Neril, executive director of the Interfaith Center for Sustainable Development in Jerusalem.The jetliner en route to Nairobi crashed near the Ethiopian town of Bishoftu soon after takeoff from the Bole International Airport in the Ethiopian capital, Addis Ababa, on Sunday. The international aid community was hit hard by the crash, as Nairobi and Addis Ababa are hubs for relief and development work.The Rev. Norman Tendis, an Austrian Lutheran priest and a consultant for the World Council of Churches, was killed in the downed Boeing jet, as were the Rev. George Mukua and Sister Florence Wangari Yongi, both Roman Catholics.Four relief workers from Catholic Relief Services who were traveling to attend a training in Nairobi were also killed.In all, 35 nations were affected by the crash, the second involving Boeing’s 737 Max 8, a relatively new model, in the past six months. Some countries have grounded the 737 Max 8s in their fleets.The tragedy hit Kenya hardest, with 32 citizens lost. Canada followed with 18, while Ethiopia lost nine. The U.S., Italy and China lost eight each and Britain seven.“It’s a difficult time. Our hearts go to the family, a friend and our dear brother Norman,” said Arnold Temple, a Sierra Leonean Methodist and president of the All Africa Conference of Churches, referring to Tendis.Mukua, a Kenyan in his second year as a Mariannhill missionary priest, was returning to Nairobi from Rome via Addis Ababa.“As his confreres we are shaken by this tragic death and ask for your continued prayers for him and especially his family. May the soul of Fr. George … and all passengers that have died rest in eternal peace,” wrote the Rev. Patrick Chongo, a fellow priest, on Facebook.Yongi was traveling to Kenya from Kisangani, in Congo, where she had worked as a missionary for three and a half years. She was returning to Kenya to renew her passport. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn ReddIt Email Internet work opportunities are becoming a trend all over the over world nowadays. A recent research demonstrates even more than 70% of people are working for on line work from a home office without any complications. Everybody would like to spend more time his/her family by going to any attractive place in the country or any other country. So online income allows you to complete the work at any time you want and enjoy your life. However discovering the right method and establishing a proper destination is our ambition towards achieving success. Already the majority of people are obtaining such a solid earnings of $23000 every single week by utilizing recommended and powerful techniques for making money online. You can start to earn from the 1st day once you have a look at our web-site. >>>>> https://reurl.cc/Eo49n,Why Rev. Amy Butler is talking politics, sin and loss this Lent We are not all the same, and in our difference we are divine August 30, 2019 Share This! Catholicism TagsAfrica Catholic Relief Services Ethiopian Airlines crash homepage featured Kenya Lutherans Nairobi Roman Catholics U.N. Environment Assembly United Nations,You may also like By: Fredrick Nzwili Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn ReddIt Email,About the authorView All Posts By: Fredrick Nzwili Cancel replyYou must be logged in to post a comment. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn ReddIt Email As Amazon burns, Vatican prepares for summit on region’s faith and sustainabilit … August 30, 2019 News By: Fredrick Nzwili Share This! Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn ReddIt Emaillast_img read more