Former Rangers Football Club midfielder Derek Johnstone will be the tougher test so far this season for Steven Gerrard’s side.The Gers are unbeaten so far in 12 games in all competitions and are also through to the group stages of the UEFA Europa League after failing to make it past the first qualifying game last season.“For the first time in years, it looks as though the Rangers supporters have a team that knows what playing for the club is all about, and players who have caught the Rangers bug themselves representing the club,” Johnstone said, as quoted by EveningTimes.Lennon insists Celtic will seal its Europa League Manuel R. Medina – August 28, 2019 The team’s manager, Neil Lennon, believes his team is ready to take advantage of its 2-0 lead against AIK Stockholm and qualify to the group stage.“The supporters are fanatical about the team and you can see the players are buying into it too. And the reaction of Gerrard himself was brilliant to see.”“There seems to be a realisation that this team could be on the brink of something special, and what would be more special than a win over Celtic this Sunday?”“If Rangers can go to Russia and get a result with nine men, then they will believe they can go to Celtic Park and get a result too. It certainly won’t be easy, because in my book Celtic are a better team than Ufa.”
The Halibut Cove/Peterson Bay area will have two brief outages at the beginning and end of thescheduled outage, according to HEA. The outage is necessary to safely replace switching equipment on the Spit. The outage will occur between 9:00 AM and 4:00 PM and could last up to 8 hours on the Homer Spit. Facebook0TwitterEmailPrintFriendly分享Homer Electric Association will be conducting scheduled power outages in the Homer Spit, Peterson Bay, and Halibut Cove areas on Thursday, December 13. As a reminder from HEA, take steps to protect all sensitive electronic equipment in your home andbusiness.
According to the online Trooper dispatch, Leadens was found to have driven an excavator into his house which his family was in. Leadens was intoxicated. Leadens was arrested, transported, and ultimately remanded to Wildwood Pretrial for one count DV Assault 3, one count Assault 3 non-DV, DUI, and DV Criminal Mischief 3. Troopers did not respond for comment on whether or not there were any reported injuries nor describe the level of damage the house sustained. Facebook0TwitterEmailPrintFriendly分享A Soldotna man was arrested over the weekend for driving an excavator into his house which his family was in. The Alaska State Troopers responded on Saturday to the disturbance. Troopers arrived on scene and contacted the Matthew Leadens, 40, Soldotna.
PuebloPlex, the local redevelopment authority for the Pueblo Chemical Depot, Colo., is soliciting proposals for a range of services needed to carry out its reuse plan following the recent approval of its grant application to DOD’s Office of Economic Adjustment (OEA).“We are eager to assemble a world-class consulting team to assist us in implementing our redevelopment plan. The successful redevelopment of PuebloPlex is extremely important for the economic future of southeastern Colorado,” said PuebloPlex CEO & President Russell DeSalvo, who oversees the redevelopment of Pueblo Chemical Depot.The RFP includes a master infrastructure plan and utilities privatization study, business and operations plan, and economic development conveyance application supporting the HUD-approved redevelopment plan. Additionally, PuebloPlex is seeking proposals for engineering, environmental, legal and surveying services.The PuebloPlex RFPs can be downloaded from the following website.Proposals are due by 5 p.m. MST on Aug. 31, and shall be submitted to the attorney of record for PuebloPlex; reference full RFP for delivery instructions. Questions can be directed to Chris Bolt, director of operations, at RFP@PuebloPlex.com or (719) 947-3770.This work is to be performed under a federal grant (Section 12.607) from OEA for community economic adjustment assistance for establishment, expansion, realignment, or closure of a military installation. The grant assists state or local governments to plan and carry out adjustment strategies; engage the private sector in order to plan and undertake community economic development and base redevelopment; and partner with the military departments in response to the proposed or actual expansion, establishment, realignment or closure of a military installation. Dan Cohen AUTHOR
SpaceX The fairing is part of the protective cover at the top of the Falcon 9, which shields payloads as they’re lifted into orbit. Once the rocket punches out of the atmosphere and into space, the fairing breaks in half and falls back to Earth. A droneship, stationed in the Atlantic Ocean, then attempts to catch the fairing with a giant net. We’ve seen SpaceX capture a fairing on its most recent launch and before that we’ve seen it fail a few times. It seems practice makes perfect and it’s finally getting the hang of nabbing the nosecone like a ship-sized Mark Waugh stationed in the slips (that’s one for our Aussie readers).A New Zealand-based spaceflight company, Rocket Lab, announced on Tuesday it would also begin attempting to reuse rockets. It won’t be capturing any fairings, but it will try and snag the first stage booster from the sky with a helicopter. Post a comment Sci-Tech Tags 13 Photos Share your voice Number two. SpaceX SpaceX launched its Falcon 9 two-stage rocket to orbit on Tuesday, offering a free ride for the AMOS-17 communications satellite. It was the third flight for the Falcon 9 booster and to get the satellite to orbit SpaceX had to do away with the booster — so we don’t get to see SpaceX pull off another dazzling booster return. However, we have got the next best thing: A droneship capturing the rocket’s fairing.Elon Musk, SpaceX CEO, posted a video of the daring fairing capture to Twitter on Tuesday. 0 Meet the SpaceX Falcon Heavy, the world’s most powerful rocket Rocket fairing falling from space (higher res) pic.twitter.com/sa1j10qAWi— Elon Musk (@elonmusk) August 7, 2019
On Thursday’s Houston Matters: The Houston Federation of Teachers rallied Wednesday against the potential state takeover of the HISD board. News 88.7 education reporter Laura Isensee walks us through their concerns.Also this hour: As college students return for the fall semester, we learn about the new Texas law regarding how free speech is exercised on campus.Then bug expert Erin Mills answers listener questions.And Ernie Manouse talks with Martha Davis, lead singer of The Motels. This article is part of the Houston Matters podcast Share 00:00 /44:51 X Listen To embed this piece of audio in your site, please use this code:
A Howard University student, who is also employed as a resident assistant in the university’s College Hall South dormitory, was recently accused of sexually assaulting another Howard student. The accusations have unveiled concerns about a rape culture on campus, which has led to policy changes at the university.Scores of Howard student-protestors spilled into the streets last week, chanting “no means no,” as part of #TakeBackTheNightHU, a broad protest for all victims of sexual assault on campus following online accusations against the resident assistant. The student was accused of two sexual assault cases occurring in February of this year and in May of 2015. The AFRO is not publishing the resident assistant’s name because he has not been formally charged with a crime.The demonstration was intended to “bring attention to the rape culture at Howard and hold the administration accountable for how they treat victims,” a flyer from the #TakeBackTheNightHU protest said. According to news reports, several rapes have occurred on Howard’s campus, but have not been thoroughly investigated.Holding signs with the protestors’ demands, students crowded the lobby and front entrance of the dorm where the female student alleged she had been raped. They proceeded throughout the main campus.The accused student employee was formerly employed by the University of California Los Angeles. According to officials at UCLA, the student was fired and banned from the campus in 2014 for falsifying information to obtain employment with campus police and “build social relationships” with young women on the campus. According to the police, the student was also banned from the school because of a domestic violence accusation and refusing to give back his employment identification.So far, there has been no comment from Howard on whether the school knew the accused resident assistant had been banned from UCLA when the Department of Residence Life hired him.In a statement to students March 23, in response to one of the demands of the #TakeBackTheNightHU protestors, the university said it changed its policy to include background checks for all employees, including students.Howard officials said they could not release information regarding the rape investigation against the student. “We do take this very seriously,” Candi Smiley, the school’s deputy Title IX coordinator, said. She said the school could not release information about the case because it would be illegal.
Explore further This document is subject to copyright. Apart from any fair dealing for the purpose of private study or research, no part may be reproduced without the written permission. The content is provided for information purposes only. The researchers, led by Kwanghee Lee, a professor at the Gwangju Institute of Science and Technology in South Korea, have published a paper on the new material in the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences. “So far, there has been no semiconducting material that simultaneously achieves excellent optical transparency, high charge-carrier mobility, and real flexibility,” coauthor Kilho Yu at the Gwangju Institute of Science and Technology told Phys.org. “Metal oxides, such as ZnO and IGZO, have excellent transparency and high mobility, but they are brittle and show poor mobility if not treated with high-temperature (>200 °C) processes, which are not desirable for fabrication on flexible substrates. General semiconducting polymers are flexible, but show poor mobility without complex processes and are not very transparent because of their high optical absorption coefficient.”The new polymer blend consists of about 15% semiconducting polymer called DPP2T integrated into an inert polystyrene matrix. The two types of polymers do not mix uniformly, but instead the DPP2T forms a web-like nanonetwork through the inert matrix, creating highly ordered, continuously connected charge pathways for rapid charge transport. So far, transparency has been particularly challenging to achieve in semiconducting polymers because of their inherently high light absorption in the visible range. DPP2T belongs to a newer class of semiconducting polymers in which the light absorption peak is red-shifted to the near-infrared range, so it absorbs much less light in the visible range and has greater optical transparency. However, DPP2T by itself still has a greenish tint. Only by blending the DPP2T with the polystyrene matrix could the researchers fabricate a material that is almost perfectly transparent throughout the visible range.In the final analysis, the researchers showed that the individual materials in the polymer blend cannot achieve all three of the desired properties on their own, but only when blended together. © 2017 Phys.org Field-effect transistors integrated with LEDs, showing transparency and flexibility. Credit: Yu et al. ©2016 PNAS Graphene produces more efficient transport of a semiconducting polymer film Photograph of the flexible, transparent field-effect transistor made of the new material. Credit: Yu et al. ©2016 PNAS Citation: Semiconducting nanonetwork could form the backbone of transparent, flexible electronics (2017, January 13) retrieved 18 August 2019 from https://phys.org/news/2017-01-semiconducting-nanonetwork-backbone-transparent-flexible.html More information: Kilho Yu et al. “Optically transparent semiconducting polymer nanonetwork for flexible and transparent electronics.” Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences. DOI: 10.1073/pnas.1606947113 To demonstrate, the researchers fabricated prototypes of colorless, bendable field-effect transistors integrated on top of colorless, bendable light-emitting diodes. The devices could withstand 1,000 bending cycles with no severe performance degradation. (Phys.org)—Researchers may have found a “sweet spot” for organic electronics by fabricating a new 2D semiconducting polymer-blended nanonetwork material that simultaneously achieves excellent charge mobility, high flexibility, and nearly 100% optical transparency—a combination of properties that has so far been elusive for semiconducting materials. According to the researchers, the nanonetwork is the first truly colorless, bendable semiconducting material, as demonstrated by the fabrication of field-effect transistors with integrated LEDs. “The nanonetwork semiconductor can be made very easily and is solution-processable, and it needs no heat treatment or any other complex processes,” Yu said. “It simultaneously achieves excellent characteristics for future transparent, deformable electronic applications. The applicability of the nanonetwork semiconductor was proven by the fabrication drive of prototype FET/OLED integrated devices. In the paper, we also have shown a new paradigm for achieving facile charge transport in semiconducting polymers, which emphasizes the importance of clean charge pathways along the polymer backbone, rather than the degree of crystallinity of the polymer.”The researchers expect that the results will pave the way for the development of a wide variety of applications, such as next-generation “see-through” bendable electronics and skin-attachable medical devices.”We are currently investigating the intriguing charge transport mechanism of the nanonetwork semiconductor using various experimental tools and modeling,” Yu said. “In addition, we are applying this nanonetwork semiconductor toward various electronic applications, in order to make it a platform technology for deformable and transparent electronics.” Journal information: Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences
Kolkata: Besides carrying out a probe to arrest the people behind the case of ATM fraud, Kolkata Police has initiated a drive to makecommon people aware of information regarding the crime to avoid such incidents in future.Kolkata Police has taken several initiatives to make people aware of the same, which includes sharing messages and videos on social networking sites.According to a senior police officer, the stress has been given on campaigning on social media, as mostly youngsters use the online mode of monetary transaction. Also Read – Rain batters Kolkata, cripples normal lifeThe Bank Fraud section of Kolkata Police’s Detective Department has prepared a video and uploaded it on its Facebook page on Friday, with detailed information on what a person should do to avoid falling prey to such crimes.It may be mentioned that recently, around 80 complaints were lodged with the police, alleging unauthorised withdrawal of money from various bank accounts. Investigation has revealed that money from ATM counters was withdrawn after cloning debit cards of several different bank account holders. Also Read – Speeding Jaguar crashes into Mercedes car in Kolkata, 2 pedestrians killedThe police have advised not to use unmanned ATM counters. At the same time, a user also needs to ensure that only one person remains inside an ATM counter at a time and details of debit cards should not be shared with anyone.Moreover, one should not seek help of any unknown person while using an ATM.Most importantly, the police have also advised people to be alert while swiping debit cards in an ATM machine and keying in the password for a transaction. One must not leave an ATM counter immediately if the machine gets disabled during an ongoing transaction.The police have also urged people to be alert while making online payment and one should prefer the use of personal computers for the same. In case of any trouble, people can also seek help of the police on their helpline number 8585063104.
Swisscom grew its TV base by 13.3% year-on-year to the end of September, despite what it described as “fierce competition” from cable operators.Swisscom said it had 688,000 TV 2.0 customers on its books at the end of September, out of a total TV base of 1.275 million. TV 2.0 custoemrs increased by 124,000 in the third quarter, most of whom upgraded from another offeringThe overall TV base grew by 37,000 in the third quarter. Fixed-feee subscriptions account for 1.11 million of the overall TV base.The number of retail fixed-line broadband connections saw a year-on-year increase of 65,000 or 3.5% to 1.94 million. The growth in the number of TV and broadband connections – up 152,000 together – more than offset the decline in the number of fixed network connections, according to Swisscom. The number of revenue generating units increased year-on-year by 182,000 or 1.5% to 12.5 million.By the end of September 2015, the number of customers using a bundled package had increased year-on-year by 202,000 or 17.5% to 1.36 million. Revenue from bundled contracts rose year-on-year by CHF 242 million or 17.2% to CHF 1,647 million.Swisccom’s Italian subsidiary Fastweb saw its broadband business grow by 156,000 or 7.7% to 2.17 million over the year.
Telefónica saw its TV base rise by 3% overall to 8.8 million in the year to March, boosted by a 16% rise in its IPTV base and an additional 900,000 homes signing up for new OTT service Movistar Play in Latin America.In Spain, Telefónica grew its convergent customers base by 4% to 4.6 million, with 92% of the local TV base now signed up to convergent services, compared with 89% of broadband customer and 84% of mobile customers. Some 81% of customers now take the group’s TV service.Telefónica’s Spanish pay TV customer base grew by 4% year-on-year, with 12,000 customers added in March, taking the total to 4.05 million.In Brazil, the company’s IPTV base increased by 44% year-on-year, with 38,000 new connections in the quarter to March. The service is now available in 130 cities across the country.Telefónica Hispam Sur – covering the southern part of Spanish-speaking America – saw pay TV numbers rise by 8% to 2.2 million, boosted by strong growth in Peru and a launch in Argentina. Users of the new Movistar Play OTT service in this region grew to 511,000 following the launch of the service in Argentina in March.The Hispam Norte region, covering the northern Spanish-speaking countries, however, saw a fall in pay TV numbers of 3% year-on-year, hit by the crisis in Venezuela. The region had 967,000 pay TV customers at the end of the period.Telefónica overall turned in revenues of €11.98 billion for the quarter, up 3.8%. Operating income before depreciation and amortisation was €4.26 billion, up 10.3%.